Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10, 2009




Last year I took a pine knot and carved a chicken from it. I thought it was kiind of cute and interesting. When I did my show at Red top Mountain there was a gentleman there who purchased it and says he sits it on his grand piano. So, I decided I would make some more when I had the extra time. There's a man who has a shop on the side of the road close to Gatlinburg who saves me his pine knots. You can almost see something in them (Or at least I can)...anyway, it's lots of fun to take something that would probably be discarded as a fungus from a tree and make something interesting from it. Makes me think of how God can take a life that is in the pits and make something beautiful from it. He did that for me, and I am so thankful for His amazing grace.

Jeremiah 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you" declares the the LORD, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

These are my latest 2 "Pine Knot Animals"; My Goose and Snail.




1 comment:

  1. Hello Terri, I found your website and blog and I am following you on blogger. My blog "Sweet Tea @ Bullfrog Hollow" is mostly about my walking and photos I take. Thanks again for letting us look around. I love the stories behind your art pieces. Teresa Coggins

    ReplyDelete