Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December 8, 2009


This is my first attempt at writing blogs. I have felt for a while that I needed to write down some of my stories about the work I do with my walking staffs and canes, and my woodburning in general. There have been so many great stories of people who have been blessed by my work, as well as the blessings I have received for making them. They need to be shared. Something that good doesn't need to be kept silent.

I am currently working on a plaque for my boss, Jerry Jackson. His Mother had seen some of my work and wanted to know if I could make him a plaque for the barn he has been building for some 7 years now. After deciding between 3 pieces of wood, we decided to go with a rough cut piece of basswood. She said "Can you put some trees or something on it.?" My mind kept thinking about all the time this was going to take, and wonering if she was REALLY willing to pay for the time it took. When I finally settled in my mind that it's not about the time or the money, then I had a lot of fun with it. I pray it is a blessing to him. He's one of those folks that it's hard to buy for because he has everything he could ever need. Hopefully, I will have it completely finished by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment